Answer: 1. Heavy rain 2. tornado 3. Clouds 4. lighting 5. Hail
B. What do you know about tornadoes? Circle T for True and F for False.
1. Tornadoes usually last for a few hours. T F
2. In the US, there are more than 800 tornadoes every year. T F
3. Tornadoes cause a lot of damage. T F
4. The safest place to hide from a tornado is in a car. T F
Answer: 1. T 2. T 3. T 4. F
C. Complete the sentences with your own ideas.
1. If there's a tornado, you should_________
2. You might__________if you don’t bring a jacket in winter.
3. If it is warm and sunny tomorrow, I will ________
4. You shouldn’t_________ you dislike rainy weather.
5. If there's a strong storm, ________
6. I won't _______ if it rains.
7. If you see dark storm clouds,________
8. If there's a tornado, most people__________
9. If there's a tornado, storm chasers ________
1. hide in basement 2. get wet 3. go outside
4. go out 5. I will go home 6. play soccer
7. should hide in basement 8. will take lots of picture